Winflector client for Android test version release notes
1. Client installation
On your Android device enable installation of the applications from unknown (not Google Play) sources. Usually this means checking the following option: Settings / Security / Unknown sources or Settings / Applications / Unknown sources.
Copy winflector-client.apk file onto yor Android device, open using any file manager (or package manager) and confirm the installation. Alternatively, open the following address: http://www.otc.pl/download from your device browser, choose Android client and confirm the installation.
2. Starting and closing a remote application
The first thing to do after starting the client is defining at least one Winflector server address. Then you can connect to the server and start working.
After starting the client application and selecting a Winflector server the list of published applications will be presented. Select the application and it will be started and presented on the virtual desktop.
All applications started on the server from a given client device will be presented on the same vitrual desktop. The desktop will be closed after the last open application is closed.
3. Navigation and application control
Desktop scaling is done by pinching its picture using two fingers.
Left mouse button single click:
- tap the selected screen position with your finger,
- tap the mouse cursor control (double rectangle) with your finger
Left mouse button double click:
- tap the selected screen position twice with your finger,
- tap the mouse cursor control twice with your finger
Left mouse button hold (dragging):
- touch the selected screen position with your finger and keep until vibration (then drag etc.)
- touch the mouse cursor control with your finger and keep until vibration (then drag etc.)
Right mouse button single click (i.e. context menu):
- touch the selected screen position with your finger and keep until vibration then release,
- touch the mouse cursor control with your finger and keep until vibration then release
Note: the mouse click event is sent after the finger move or release. For instance a context menu is displayed only after you touch the screen, wait for the vibration and release the finger.
Other right mouse button actions (double click, dragging, many single clicks etc.):
- touch the Right mouse button icon on the action bar to turn it on,
- tap, double tap, tap and hold the mouse cursor control or the selected screen position same as you did for the left mouse button,
- touch the Right mouse button icon again to return back to the default mode
- touch the Mouse wheel icon on the action bar to turn it on,
- touch and swipe the contents of your remote application window: move your finger up and down for the vertical mouse wheel or left and right for the horizontal mouse wheel,
- at the same time you can use the mouse cursor control (double rectangle) for the regular clicks,
- touch the Mouse wheel icon again to return back to the default mode
Note: your remote Windows application and operating system must support the mouse wheel for this feature to work.
4. New features in release 126.96.36.199
- option to prevent the device from sleeping (requires a new system permission),
- full emulation of the right mouse button,
- emulation of the mouse wheel, both vertical and horizontal,
- many other minor improvements and bugfixes.